No matter how bad she smells

When I came home tonight I was telling my kids how cute Adrienne’s puppy, Gretchen, is. Adrienne was given a prize Golden Retriever puppy from one of her clients at the kennel. Just a beautiful, darling dog. I’m smitten.

We have an ongoing conversation going on at home about whether or not our stray mutt, Magda, is the cutest dog ever. Papa insists he has seen cuter, I remain uncommitted.

Anyways – I came in to the house – kids waiting at the door, and Magda wagging her tail, and I said hello to the kids. I then looked down at our dog, and said, “I don’t know Mags, Gretchen is awfully cute, and you’re getting fat.”

Samantha says then, “No matter how fat she gets, no matter how dirty she gets, no matter how bad she smells, I will always love Magda best.”

Talk about LOVE!!! I told Chuck that’s how he should feel about me. And I smell pretty good.

I'm going to hold back on telling Chuck that Adrienne told me that when in 3 years she breeds Gretchen she would give us one of her puppies.

Comments

Popular Posts