in the doghouse (speaking of dogs...)

Chuck wants to kick my ass.

My post surgery recovery instructions looked something like this:


  1. No stairs (yea, right – umm I live in a 3 story house)

  2. No sex for 6 weeks :(

  3. Don’t lift anything heaver than a bag of starbucks coffee beans.

  4. Stay in bed for a week (who has time for that??!)

  5. Not cleared for housework (This is actually the only one I was eager to cooperate on– I am wishing status reports for work were dangerous too)
Yesterday morning, after four days of recovery and being waited on by husband and children I loaded up my overnight bag, laptop and headed to work. I had a new guy starting and needed to be home by Wednesday to take over for Chuck who would by then be on the road to Pendleton.
By the time I returned tonight I was pretty gimped up. Sore and fussy and feeling like I might have pushed my luck because I’ve regressed on one of the post surgery symptoms that had begun to pass before I returned to work. (you don’t want more details than that).

When I confessed to Chuck that I wasn’t feeling so hot before heading home tonight he said, “I’m not going to yell at you until you come home.”

He lived up to waiting until I was home, but I’m sure in trouble now.

Had to chase a Vicodin with a Rolling Rock tonight. Seemed like a reasonable reaction to the emotional and physical pain I'm enduring ;)

Comments

Deborah said…
Freaked out my mother - I got this in email: "In my most nonjudgmental voice, what is a Rolling Rock?"

I don't think she thought it was a beer. I can't imagine what was going through her head. It seems that she should know me well enough by now to know that I stick to legal forms of substance abuse. Like shopping.

Popular Posts