When I was a little girl, I didn't dream of becoming a ballerina princess, or even a teacher, doctor or lawyer. My dream job was being an NFL photographer for Sports Illustrated. I love shooting sports. Love it, always have. Well, since college, I haven't had a paying photo gig, but as of today, I have been hired by the Tillamook Headlight Herald as a sports photographer. I had my first assignment today, shooting the THS boys Soccer play off game.

It pays next to nothing, but there is something so cool to me about being a sports photographer, that I don't care. Should I quit the day job??? ;-) Probably not. I think it pays at least 10x as much. And although I would love to shoot photos all day, everyday, there is no getting around the fact that I am a material girl.

There goes my amature status at the County Fair, though. Just when I was starting to stack up ribbons.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Welcome to the underpaid, overworked world of the media. A great gig, isn't it? Congrats!
Anonymous said…
Also, are you doing this because you have so much spare time?

Popular Posts