It is always a treat to stay at Nell Anne’s – her shower is reminiscent of a spa. Even though I’m a freeloading friend on my Portland nights, I’m very discerning. I judge a lot by the shower. The Robison’s with the power shower in the basement is hard to beat. The water pressure is so hard, it is almost like a full body massage – although I think I’ve come out bleeding from puncture wounds before.

Where Nell Anne has an edge, though (besides the deluxe tiled sitting bench) is in the product availability. What fun I have messing around with her shampoos, body washes, facial cleansers, and dousing myself in her perfume.

This morning I discovered that at the vanity table she setup two (count ‘em 2!) hair dryers. These aren’t just cheapo Revlon jobs from the supermarket, either; these are top of the line hair stylist purchased beauty machines. Probably $250 worth of fashion technology packed into the two devices. So, when I was asked this morning at the office if I had had my haircut, which I have not (long overdue in fact) it occurred to me that flipping my hair down and pulling a quick double draw with the hairdryers was a great styling technique. Half the time, twice the volume! Plus I felt like I was going to win the West!

Other evening activities worth mentioning: Thea made this amazing salad – grilled chicken, turkey bacon, gorgonzola, avocado, tomato and leaf lettuce. We piled our plates high with these colossal cobbs and since it included fresh vegetables we could even delude ourselves into thinking the taj-ma-salad was healthy.

Then they talked me into watching Nip Tuck. Gore city man. Although I called it on the latest Carver victim being the detective. Why I was watching this creeporama over sitting in the hot tub, now finally filled, I still don’t get. But it was a good night with the girls.

I'm going under the knife tomorrow - for a girly surgery. I hate being anesthetized. Hoping for an extraordinarily speedy recovery. Think good thoughts.

Comments

Popular Posts