buggin

I have worked with Dave Minch now for close to 10 years and with his wife the three before that. I’m probably closer to Dave than anyone in the office.

His is one of the opinions I most respect in the world, I routinely use him as a sounding board about interacting with colleagues, solving technical problems and we keep up to date on each other’s families. We also been known to argue like siblings and step on each other’s toes marking our territory at work – but that’s another story and part of the joy of our relationship.

Anyway – I always go to him with my hardware issues – no matter how petty.

This morning, I couldn’t get my file cabinet to work correctly (did I mention I’m a senior engineer?) – the frame that inserts in the drawer was wider than the notches of the standard sized hanging file.

“Dave!” I yelled across the hall to his office. “This is wrong and stupid. It doesn’t fit!” as I waved around a hanging file.

He suggested I turn the hanging file around hang it the other way. I had already tried this, so I asked him to show me. He came in and tried to hang it one way and the other and decided I was right. At which point he took the file into his office to see if it fit into his identical file drawer. As he was messing around with it (before we discovered I was missing a bar that narrowed the frame for the files) he muttered, “BUGGIN.”

“Dave! You said buggin! You’re starting to talk like me!”

“Yea,” he said. “that’s buggin too.”

Comments

Popular Posts