11-18-1985



My two brothers were killed 20 years ago today ... Matthew Richard Hallick (Jauary 27, 1981 - November 18, 1985), Christopher Andrew Hallick (March 19, 1983 - November 18, 1985).

I'm so greatful for the years they were part of my life and for the fact that I was a big sister. I also, 20 years later, have a wonderful life...

.. but every now and then (especially anticipating this anniversary) I get a lump in my throat and I focus on these things…

My family and friends today– who mean the world to me - will never get to know Matthew and Christopher.

I won’t get to grow old with my brothers or even know them as adults.

And mostly, I have never been to escape the overwhelming horror of imagining that the boys in someway had fear or pain on the day it happened.

Comments

Popular Posts