One of my favorite golfers is Jim McGinnis. He's a great talent on the links, fun to hang out with on the 19th hole after and Chuck and I really enjoy golfing with him and his wife Ellen.

Although they didn't golf with us last Thursday in the Quayle Ridge Special Olympics benefit scramble Chuck and I took the day off to play in, I did my best to honor the instruction in the rules of golf that he's been working hard to share with me these past few years we've been golfing together.

First rule of golf: Have fun!

Second rule of golf: Have fun!

And the Third Rule of Golf: Keep your freakin' head down!



We just had a blast participating in this tournament. Nell Anne and I were two of three women in a tournament of 140 golfers - I hit the ball better than I have in a long time (my t shots were used a bunch! including a 200 yard straight drive that was one of the nicest I have ever hit). I still got no short game, but that is what makes a scramble so much fun! We had limo service all day, thanks to Nell Anne's buddy "limoguy."

Watching me tee off is a new friend Clint. We bonded with while we gave each other a hard time for 18 holes.

Props to Patrick Fuji for organizing an awesome day. I'll be back next year!

Comments

Popular Posts