Feeling sorry for myself at gate C7

I’m sitting in the airport right now. Flying to San Diego tonight. Normally no big deal, but today was the first day of school for the kids and I wish I could have been at home tonight to hear all about it. Chuck took Samantha into Mrs. Kerr’s classroom, a teacher we loved when Charlie had her in the first grade. This is the first year I have two kids in school all day. Quite a milestone.

I followed Charlie’s bus to East Elementary school – the 4th – 6th grade school for all Tillamook kids. Once I walked with him to the cafeteria, I asked if he wanted me to hang out until school started. “No, I’m good, Mom,” he said as he turned to walk away. I made him hug me goodbye, which was likely totally embarrassing, and walked out of the building with tears in my eyes. What happened to my baby boy?

He was a little nervous at first, starting at this new school, but in talking to him on the phone this evening it sound like everything went really well. Pretty much his entire basketball team is in the same class with him – which should be fun for him, but tough on that poor teacher.

Comments

Popular Posts