shower interruptus

I consider my shower somewhat sacred. I take great pleasure in all my fancy scrubs and soaps. I enjoy the smell and feel of washing with Pineapple Enzyme facial cleanser, Rosemary Mint Body wash and exfoliating with a scrubby. It is all good and steamy and I cannot make it through a day happily without this beginning. (I’m working on acceptable alternatives to become a better camper, but that’s another story).

It has, however, been since 1996 since I have enjoyed this ritual ALONE. Yesterday, as a typical example, I was interrupted at roughly 45 second intervals with highlights from the children’s new “Jokelopedia” (when will I learn not to buy them this stuff?)

I’d soap up my hair, or shave a leg or something and two kids would come dashing in…

“Mom! Why did the rooster cross the road?”

mom: I dunno.

“To show he wasn’t a chicken!” (giggle, shriek)

..shower continues for a few uninterrupted seconds – hair conditioned…

“Mom! Why did the chicken cross the road and then go back?”

mom: I dunno

“He was a dirty double crosser!”

“Mama! What do you call a fish with no eyes?”

mom: “FSH”

“mom! Why do nuns like swiss cheese?”

mom:”Because it is holey.”

Comments

Popular Posts