It is deceptively sunny and beautiful in Tillamook this weekend. I look out the window to see blue skies, daffodils peeking out of the ground and want to put on short skirts and sandals and show off my pedicured hot pink toes.
The minute I open the door to go outside, however, the wind chills to the bones. It is flat cold outside.
Chuck's away playing poker and the kids and I have completely hermited. Even the dog's movement is limited to a thumping tail on the floor in response to her typical greeting, "Mama loves her fat dog" or "Hey, fuzzy lips, what up dog?"
I have been sick all week and have looked foward to a long three day weekend with nothing scheduled but attempts to keep warm.
The kids and I put up an aerobed covered in fuzzy blankets in the middle of the living room and watched Rocky yesterday. My mother in law walked in to see the three of us and the dog in this big pile on the bed cheering for the bloodied, broken nosed Itallian Stallion to go the distance against Apollo Creed. She had to turn away - grossed out by the close up bloody boxing shots. Charlie loved it with the exception of the "kissing parts" for which he felt inclined to cover his face. I tried to tell him this was the best part - "see look he loves her when he says Yo Adrienne and she is shy but pretty and loves Rocky."
Charlie was not convinced but was completely won over by the movie as a whole and we had to go rent Rocky 2 for today's movietime enjoyment. Did I mention how lovely it is to be over the Pokemon phase?

Comments

Popular Posts