happy thanksgiving

A young man named John received a parrot as a gift.  The parrot had a bad attitude & an even worse vocabulary.  Every word out of the bird's mouth was rude, obnoxious & laced w/profanity.

 John tried & tried to change the bird's attitude by consistently saying only polite words, playing soft music & anything else he could think of to "clean up" the bird's vocabulary.

 Finally, John was fed up & he yelled at the parrot. The parrot yelled back.  John shook the parrot & the parrot got angrier & even ruder.  John, in desperation, threw up his hand, grabbed the bird& put him in the freezer.

 For a few minutes the parrot squawked & kicked & screamed.  Then suddenly there was total quiet.  Not a peep was heard for over a min. 

 Fearing that he'd hurt the parrot, John quickly opened the door to the freezer.  The parrot calmly stepped out onto John's outstretched arms & said, "I believe I may have offended you with my rude language & actions.  I'm sincerely remorseful for my inappropriate transgressions & I fully intend to do everything I can to correct my rude & unforgivable behavior."

 John was stunned at the change in the bird's attitude.  As he was about to ask the parrot what had made such a dramatic change in his behavior, the bird continued, "May I ask what the turkey did?”

 

Comments

Popular Posts