Chris K drew a big horn sheep tag this year. Oregon gaming regulations allow for only one Bighorn Sheep Ram Tag in a lifetime - and even at that it is a tough draw with only a handful handed out each year. His succesful hunt ended last Thursday when he shot a 169 ram (inches? pounds? I have no idea). This was the biggest Deschutes ram of the year..
Even the non hunters in the family got pretty excited for him.
Saturday's dinner - in addition to some other yummies we made for a Duck game tailgate (stay tuned for recipes) included Ram's meat Shepard's Pie. I didn't think I ate "sheep treats" but either it isn't bad, or Chris is a very good cook. The dish was flavorful and the meat was tender. The fact that I was so excited to see a picture of a dead sheep head on my cell phone, and that I enjoyed the meal I'll take as evidence that I'm turning more and more into a rural Oregonian everyday.

Comments

Popular Posts