I had an amazing experience today. An engineer from Qualcomm’s San Diego office whom I have worked with for the past couple of years landed his Grumman Tiger 4 cylinder, 180 horsepower airplane at Tillamook Airport. I was glad to have the visitor - and Chuck and I offered one of our too many vehicles for him and his friend to get around Tillamook for the time he was here. Sam in turn, offered to take me up for a ride in his Tiger– and even though I was just a bit afraid of going up in such a small aircraft – my family convinced me it was an opportunity not to be passed up. I’m so glad I did – the view of my home town from the sky is amazing. Taking pictures was a challenge – the plane was moving, I was moving, I was very excited and I was shooting through the plane window, trying to avoid getting too much of the plane in the aerial view shots. Sam was nice enough to open up the canaopy and turn it briefly into a convertible for me to take a few shots without the window glare, but these were done by holding the camera out the window and shooting blind. What an amazingly beautiful place I live in!! Take a look at the pictures I did manage to shoot... We circled the Tillamook’s Three Capes and then flew over the downtown Tillamook before landing. He even circled my house - so I opened up the image I took over our home and circled it myself...(easier to see if you click on the image and enlarge)

Comments

Popular Posts