I learned an important parenting lesson today.

It is very hard for my kids to accept visiting Lake Anna when it isn't swimming weather. We came for Thanksgiving a year ago and they nagged me for days about getting in the lake. I dismissed it as an absurd idea, but not without listening to whiny "please mom?"s more times that I could count.

When they asked me today if they could go swimming, mid April, warm air temps, but still while the lake is quite cold, I decided I didn't want to fight it this trip and said "have at it, but give me a second to grab my camera."

I figured they couldn't last long and I was right. If their father hadn't promised the .50¢ to jump in and stay in the water from 30 seconds, they never would have lasted.

Poor Charlie won't quit, but was in actually visible PAIN. But guess what? No one is prattling on and on about swimming anymore!


Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular Posts