It took 15 years - but I finally got him where I want him.

It is a rainy, miserable day in Tillamook - made extra gloomy because it is Memorial Day weekend, and supposed to be one for playing outside. Chuck's in his pajamas on the couch with hot coffee, reading the paper and watching the Sunday Morning political talking heads on TV.
I scheduled a meeting with Jeff - our builder - today so that we can make sure we are happy with the house plan and customizations we are planning to base our design on prior to paying an architecht to make a sketch and draw up blueprints.
We had planned to drive down to Neskowin to meet Jeff since he is in the middle of building a house there. Chuck doesn't want to go. I told him he needed to come - so that any changes we were ones we were both happy with. He said, we already know what we are doing, "you cannot screw it up."
Chuck found the plan that we agreed on and we both have looked at a lot of plans since to make sure we didn't find something we liked better. I was still unsure about him not coming, I didn't want to add a bathroom or something and have him grouse about the expense later. He was very much inclined to stay in his jammies. In a moment of weakness and last ditched effort to get out of the 30 minute drive he said, "I'll agree to whatever you want."
I have been waiting for that statement since we got together in 1990!!! Finally he understands what this marriage is all about. Bliss!

Comments

Popular Posts