I was waylaid on the way to work last Thursday... staying with the Spectster, and she came in the house and told me I had two flat tires.
I used my keen insight about automotive technology to determine that the 9 roofing nails in the left two tires was the problem:
The friendly AAA towman came to Connie's house and filled the tires with air, and told me he thought they might hold, since Les Schwab wasn't far away. "What do you mean might?" I said.
"Are you sure? Why don't you follow me there?" He was eager to move on, but agreed to go with me under the pressure of the pathetic look I gave him. We made it.
Late for a meeting I went into the store and asked the friendly tire technician if they had wireless access. He rolled his eyes - didn't even try to hide it. He also didn't seem to care that I needed to at least call into a meeting I was supposed to attend on retest strategy. So I missed the meeting, but enjoyed a healthy breakfast of tire store popcorn and am the proud owner of two new tires.
PS If you are in the market for roofing nails - albeit bent, and you'd have to run over to Les Schwab and retrieve them from the dead tires - I'm your girl.

Comments

Popular Posts