How do you work that out?

When I tucked in Samantha this evening I sang Sweet and Shiny eyes to her… I have sang this song to my kids for years, questionable since it is a song about drinking salty margaritas in a bar, but they like it. I told her I could play it for her in the morning since we owned the record (Bonnie Raitt’s “Homeplate”).

“What’s a record?” she asked. I had to clarify for her that we actually had the CD – but found it interesting that my daughter doesn’t know what a record is. Can you imagine a generation to which a vinyl recording has no context?

Anyway – the rest of the conversation is worth sharing too -

Sam: “Sweet and Shiny Eyes. My bottom itches.”
Mom: “I hate that.”
Sam: “How do you work that out?”
Mom: “Scratch it. Now go to sleep.”
Sam: “But if I touch my bottom I will have to wash my hands.”

Samantha has made stalling an art form.

Comments

Popular Posts