Big Day at the Dryer

I got to hear Samantha’s end of a phone conversation with her brother this morning. They have been apart all week, while Charlie is in Portland at camp. Although he called three times yesterday evening they never connected (I need to remind them not to call at dinner and bed time).

Anyway – the conversation went something like this (parenthesis are my guesses at Charlie’s end of the conversation)

Charlie: (Hi Sam!)
Sam: “Uh, hi Charlie.”
Charlie: (I miss you)
Sam: “Me too. I miss you better.”
Charlie: (How was your game last night?)
Sam: “Good. The Bagel Lady is the Green Coach.”

We have been patronizing Bagels by the Bay for two years, and faced the team that the owner sponsors and coaches three times this year. Samantha just realized that she knew her, and wanted to share this with her brother.

Charlie: (I know)

Sam: “Guess what I got to do? Get my baseball shirt out of the dryer by myself!! And then I closed it back up.”

Comments

Popular Posts