Seven Things

So the game all over Facebook the past couple weeks is to write seven things that people may not know about you. Here's my list:

  1. My kids aren't allowed to have snakes as pets. Or toy snakes. Or watch TV shows about snakes when I’m in the room. Or draw pictures of snakes. My fear of snakes is so paralyzing just writing this is going to give me nightmares for a week. When Chuck started talking about moving to Arizona, I thought about the snake population there and looked at him and said simply, "The kids and I will miss you."
  2. I want this tattoo, but with three horseshoes. To me, it says something about my kids and I kicking ass. And I've never shaken the "I want to be a cowgirl" thing. But I’m afraid of what my parents will think. And I’m afraid what might look good on a fairly toned 44 year old thigh, might be entirely a different thing on a 80 year old wrinkly one.
  3. I went on a date last week and was presented with a 24 pack of Toilet Paper as a gift. My household was unanimous in its approval. "It's so practical, we always need toilet paper." "Flowers die." "He cares about your digestive system." (He saw this and pointed out that I had underestimated the size of the gift: "30 roll...and 3-ply. Until I met you I always lead off with the 2-ply :-) You're special.")
  4. I've lost count of how many plain black cap sleeve t-shirts I have. But is easily a couple dozen. The same could be said for my collection of Old Navy jeans. Given the choice I'd always be in jeans or cut offs and a t-shirt at a sporting event, dive bar, or outdoors, over heels and a dress at a 4 star restaurant.
  5. Being near moving water (oceans, waterfalls, rivers) moves me spiritually in a way I've never felt attending a church service.
  6. I've convinced myself that the secret to younger looking skin is A&D ointment. So if you are close to my face in the morning, you may notice I smell like (clean) baby ass.
  7. I acquired a fake ID when I was 19 for the sole purpose of being able to flirt with a 30 year old man I had a crush on at the time at the PSU neighborhood dive bar, Sam's Hoffbrau. A few years later I married him and had his babies. I would gladly break the law again to be able to share another beer with him. 




Comments

Popular Posts