Beer and Baseball: How to get him to respond to your text message

I have a few male friends that aren't always as responsive as I would like them to be when I'm trying to make plans. Texting seems to be their preferred method of communication - because of the minimal effort required I suspect - but even then, I sometimes don't hear back as quickly as I'd like when I'm trying to make plans. I'm busy - so if I'm asking a question I want to know the answer as soon as possible so I can figure out my day/week whatever and move on. Recently I sent two texts that were INCREDIBLY effective at soliciting virtually immediate replies. I thought it worth sharing as a service to other women.

Example one:
Deb: "I can't go to the UO/OSU baseball game Sunday. Would you like my tickets?"
Deb's friend's text: "OH MY GOD YES!"

Example two:
Deb's text: "Beer?"
Deb's Friend Called in response(!): "DEBO! Good Times. 5:30"

Both of these garnered replies within 30 seconds from when my text was sent.

Comments

Popular Posts