Last week, I decided I wanted a couple of new nighties. I'm busy and not wild about mall shopping, so I ordered them online. When I went to checkout, I noticed they offered free shipping if you pick it up at their retail store… one of which is located just down the street from my office in the mall. This seemed like a good deal – I forget what the shipping fee was, but I remember thinking free was better.

I got an email a few days later saying the items were ready for pickup. So I went over the mall at lunchtime on Friday to pick them up. As I was walking to the register at the back of the store – I noticed that they had some really pretty bras – buy one get one half off. And a cute purple sweater on the clearance rack. Unfortunately, I was told, that my package was not there, that it was likely coming in the afternoon delivery.

To console myself I bought the bras (blue leopard print, purple lace, who could resist?). And the sweater.

So today at lunch I head back to the mall to pick up my stuff. It's still not there. There were all kinds of stories about computers crashing, tracking numbers, etc. I think it’s a scam. Because! On this trip, I spotted some cute camis on sale that would look great with my new sweater.

I'm still sleeping in a tshirt and boxer shorts, but I have some other fabulous new things for the daylight hours. Along with and a bunch of coupons that are good for sales at the end of the month. They just keep luring me in.

It would have been much cheaper to pay for the stupid shipping. Wish me luck on my third attempt to pick up the items.

Comments

Popular Posts