Charlie started woodshop this semester and it turns out that I’m not the only one all excited about the potential of having homemade wood thingys around the house. His first project, after he aces the safety test, is a box. Samantha at dinner last night asked if she could please have it. Well, that’s not going to fly, my boy, my box, right? I want the shelf that’s up next too.

An argument ensued – and I found myself pulling out the “mother’s day is coming” card. I refrained from reminding them that the WHOLE FRIGGIN FAMILY neglected to do ANYTHING for me last Mother’s Day, but I reserve the right.

In an attempt to match me, Sam claimed Sister’s Day was coming up even sooner. “When?” we asked. “February 30th”. I promised her that as soon as February 30th rolled around we would have a HUGE celebration just in her honor.

Comments

Popular Posts